Monday, January 18, 2010

Reviving This Blog- Introduction (with a few notes on style)

Okay, it's time I got back into the Drug War Chronicles.

I've decided to do this the fastest and most direct way possible. This isn't going to work like most blogs, where posts get published and are thereafter considered complete by the author.

Instead, you readers are going to be seeing my rough drafts, at least at the outset. I'm reserving the option to constantly and continually edit, expand, and update any given post that I put up. I'll be keeping track of my edits.

Some of my posts will take the form of raw data- quoting statistics. I'll also be quoting passages from my references that I consider particularly valluable and telling.

Other posts will be book reviews, of the books I consider most important to my research on the history of the American Drug War.

Other posts will provide historical narrative and interpretation, as best I'm able.

And there may even be a few posts that defy easy categorization.

I'll try to keep things focused, and keep some sense of connection between adjoining posts. But as I've said, mostly I just want to get posts up on the board. So arranging my posts into a fully coherent linear historical narrative will need to wait.

Time to get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home